How Much Does It Cost To Create A Wikipedia Page?
How Much Does It Cost To Create A Wikipedia Page?
Wikipedia is recognized around the world as a useful source of all kinds of information. When searching for information on Google, Wikipedia articles usually appear at the top of search engine results. The site also continues to grow with over 500 articles being added every day. Because of this, having a Wikipedia page is great for online recognition and can be a key part of your digital marketing strategy.
Writing a Wikipedia page yourself can be confusing and full of pitfalls. Thankfully, you can outsource this to experts in Wikipedia writing services. Often it is best left to the experts – but how much does it actually cost for these writing services?
When To Hire A Wikipedia Expert
You might be thinking – Why would I pay money for someone to write content on Wikipedia when I could do it myself for free? It is true that it is free to create an account and create Wiki pages. However, it takes a lot of effort and focus to get a Wikipedia page approved, especially if you have never made one or edited on Wikipedia before.
The benefits of hiring a Wikipedia writer include:
- Providing a notability assessment to see if you actually qualify for an article before you put the effort into creating a page.
- Understanding the many Wikipedia guidelines and policies.
- Creating high-quality content that adheres to the writing style of Wikipedia articles.
- Researching verifiable information to provide necessary citations and references.
- Monitoring your page and updating it with new and accurate information.
- Repairing your article should it be vandalized.
How Much Is A Wikipedia Page? Key Factors
Price ranges can vary dramatically depending on the scope of the Wikipedia project. There are a few key factors to consider when it comes to the Wikipedia page creation service price.
Hiring Wikipedia Writers
The cost of creating a Wikipedia page from scratch can vary anywhere from $150 to $300 on the low end to over $3,000 on the high end. Keep in mind that writers and editors may either charge per hour or per page. There is no set industry standard when it comes to Wikipedia services, and there are a lot of variables to think about.
Ask yourself these questions when looking to hire a Wikipedia writer:
- Is this writer new to the industry? While you won’t have to invest as much money upfront, there isn’t the same guarantee of quality.
- Do they have a large portfolio of successful projects? You can expect to pay a premium for experienced writers, but it will be worth it knowing your article is in good hands.
- How much research is needed to create this article? If there is a lot of readily available information about you or your company, the research part of the project won’t take as much time.
- Is this Wikipedia expert discussing Wikipedia policies and procedures with me? If a writer immediately accepts the project without discussing notability requirements, that’s not a good sign.
- How important is my online presence to me? If you are creating an article for yourself or your company, then the information that is out there online matters a lot.
If you already have a Wikipedia page, you may still consider hiring an editor to take the content to the next level. Similarly to hiring a writer, the cost of editing Wikipedia can vary from $150 to $3,000 or more. Once again this mostly depends on the editor’s experience.
Now that you have a fully written, researched, and cited Wikipedia page, it is important to maintain it. As more information becomes available about you or your company, your article should be updated to reflect this. Since anyone is able to edit Wikipedia, it is also important to protect it from vandalism or inaccurate edits. For regular maintenance and repair, you can expect to pay upwards of $1,000 per year per article.
When searching for Wikipedia services, you can choose to either hire freelancers or go through an agency.
Freelance Wikipedia Specialists
There are many experienced Wikipedia specialists who offer their services on a freelance basis. You can find freelancers on sites such as Upwork, Guru, or Fiverr, and they offer competitive rates for their work. However, it is hard to guarantee their quality without taking the time to look through individual reviews and portfolios.
Going through a trusted agency can be a great way to ensure the quality of your Wikipedia project. Agencies hire and train the most trusted experts in the field. By hiring an agency, you have the advantage of having several knowledgeable eyes on your project. Plus, you can get all of the different services bundled into one as opposed to hiring multiple freelancers.
In Closing: Costs Of Wikipedia Pages
There is no one answer when it comes to the question “How much does it cost to get a Wikipedia page?” Hopefully, in this guide, you have become more familiar with the different factors associated with Wikipedia article creation, editing, and maintenance. Do you qualify for a Wikipedia page? The expert team at WikiCreators is here to provide you with all of the Wikipedia services you need, including page creation, editing, and maintenance.